Navigating Cold and Flu Season at the Office
Well, it’s officially arrived and here at ‘The Shore, we are ready… but are you? Here are a few tips we can offer not only to our current employees out in the field, but to anyone looking to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands more! We touch SO MUCH in the office throughout the day and we’re certainly not wiping it all down afterwards. Wash your hands as much as possible to avoid spreading and picking up gross germs.
- Use hand sanitizer! It’s everywhere you turn these days and one to two quick squirts can kill up to 99.9% of germs on your hands. It’s worth the squirt!
- Try and eat healthier. We know the holidays are coming and it’ll be tough, but staying away from excess sugar and processed foods will help maintain the good bacteria in your gut. Since about 80% of our immune system lives there, keep it healthy and reap the benefits!
- Drink up. Staying hydrated will keep your immune system strong so empty and fill up your water bottle as much as you can throughout the day.
- If you feel sick, STAY HOME! Gone are the “hero” days when people would refuse to stay home and “power through” a cold. If you’re feeling sick, stay home, rest up and avoid spreading it throughout the office. We’re sure your co-workers would rather pick up the slack for you than come down with anything from you!